I don’t know about your family, but mine goes absolutely stir crazy during the winter! They long for the days of summer when you can go outside and play hopscotch, draw with chalk and play with bubbles. While I would not recommend playing with bubbles indoors, I was able to find a great way to allow my kids to play with chalk indoors! This came from my girlfriend as an idea for birthday party favors.
Supplies you will need:
- Jelly Roll Pan (I bought mine from the Dollar Tree); if you are looking for something larger or sturdier, try this.
- 1 can of Chalkboard Spray (I used Rust-Oleum)
- Paper bag (To place the pan on when you spray outdoors)
- Get the dollar store jelly roll pan (that is the one with the lip all the way around the pan) and remove any tags it may have
- Take a large paper bag and cut it open so that you can place the pan on the bag.
- Take the Chalkboard Spray and evenly coat the pans topside (lip facing up). Make sure that the coat is thick enough to thoroughly cover the metal of the pan, but not dripping. Let the pan dry based on the instructions on the Chalkboard Spray.
- Once dry get some chalk and let your little ones go wild!
The best part is that the lip on the jelly roll pan keeps the chalk dust in the pan and not on the floor.