One of the most relaxing things you can do is take a warm Epsom salt bath. That is if the kiddos will let you! This Lavender & Lemongrass Bath Soak is absolutely awesome to use or give. Lavender is so calming and Lemongrass is uplifting. Just note that if you are pregnant or nursing it is not recommended that you use Lemongrass. Sorry!
Many people believe that Epsom salt can draw toxins from your body and help to soothe sore muscles. While I am not sure that there is research to back up these claims, I can anecdotally tell you that it helps soothe my sore muscles after a tough workout. What is more, when you make this Lavender & Lemongrass Bath Soak , it smells ahhhmazing and it makes your skin feel silky smooth, which I love.
Even better, Epsom Salt is really reasonable to purchase. I got a 10 pound bag of the stuff for under $10.00. I purchased a 13.5 pound bag at Costco for under $6.00. A good bottle of Lavender Essential Oil is about $15.00 and Lemongrass is about $10.00. But they last a long time and both a very versatile, so they make a good investment. With that in mind, this can really be an economical but lovely gift for you or someone else.
Lavender & Lemongrass Bath Soak (or foot soak if you prefer!)
- 1 and 1/2 cups Epsom Salts (unscented)
- 1 cup baking soda
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- metal or glass bowl
- measuring cups (1 cup and 1/2 cup)
- glass jar (I like to use 8 ounce mason jars or any empty jar)
- decorations (twine, ribbon, paper, etc)
- Measure out 1 cup of baking soda into your bowl.
- Measure out 1 and 1/2 cups of Epsom salt into your bowl.
- Stir until incorporated. The consistency looks like chunky snow.
- Add 10 drops of Lavender essential oil (make sure to place drops all over, not just in the same place).
- Add 10 drops of Lemongrass essential oil (make sure to place drops all over, not just in the same place).
- Stir again, until incorporated.
- Spoon into jars of your choice. I split mine between three 8 ounce mason jars.
- Decorate as you wish. Since this is just for me I filled a jar with no decorations.
- If you are giving as a gift. Add a tag and directions for use. The directions read: “Use 1 tablespoon in a foot bath or 3 tablespoons in a bath”