My oldest always loves to celebrate holidays. It does not matter which holiday it is- Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, you name it we have to decorate for it.
Since it is close to St. Patrick’s Day, the easy DIY to try this week is painted Shamrocks. It is simple to do. It is easy to set up and take down. Any age can complete it. Most of all, if your kids love to color or paint, they will enjoy it!
Here is what you will need:
- A surface to paint or color on. I use art project mats that are reusable from the Dollar Store. You can use a brown paper bag if you prefer
- Green Paint, or Markers, or Crayons
- Smock, or painting clothes for the little one
- Painters Tape to tape down the paper
- Paint brushes (optional, they can use their hands!)
- Sparkles / Glitter Pen (optional)
- One (or all!) of the template(s) below
TEMPLATE- Large Shamrock
TEMPLATE- Medium Shamrocks
TEMPLATE- Mini Shamrocks
- Print the template above. Or use your own.
- Place the surface to color/paint on.
- Tape the shamrock paper to the paper bag or project mat.
- place a small about of paint in a paint palette, cup, or bowl
- Let them go wild.
- Add sparkles (optional) before the paint dries.
- Once done, clean up and allow the art work to dry.
- Once dry, provide your child with safety scissors to cut out, or cut our yourself.
- Voila! It is ready to hang up.
See the photos below! Enjoy.