I have said before how much I adore this season, especially the baking! But holiday baking comes with its own set of challenges. One thing that used to happen to me over and over was when I wanted to make my favorite nostalgic recipe with the kids and I was missing something! Ugh, the worst. Then the choice on whether or not to make that yummy baked good depends on if you will go out to get one missing item or not. Holiday baking does not have to be like that.
This has happened to me many a time and it drove me nuts. So, I came up with a must have Holiday Baking Staples (you can find them all listed on this free Baking Staples Printable) to make sure i had those items on hand for the season (or any time of the year for that matter!)
Holiday Baking Staples
- Pure Vanilla Extract, buy it or make it!
- Almond Extract (or any other extract you normally use)
- Baking Soda
- Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- All purpose unbleached flour
- Almond flour
- Granulated Sugar
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Dutch Process cocoa powder
- Chocolate Chips (semi sweet milk and / or dark)
- Nuts (Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, whatever you prefer)
- Spray Oil (to line pans)
In The Fridge
If you have these items on hand you are sure to make it through the holidays!
FREE Baking Staples List Printable: Baking Staples Printable
Want to save this post for later? PIN IT!