With cooler weather heading our way, finding things for younger kids to do indoors is a must. It can be hard to find activities that are right for 3 – 6-year-old kids. But this simple and fun Halloween Craft activity will definitely get your kids to pass the time 🙂
This is a VERY simple Halloween Craft, just takes 3 supplies – ribbon, a shower curtain ring, and scissors. The best part is it teaches your little one math skills (counting) and fine motor skills too. It is not a messy project, which is awesome. The time it takes to set up and complete is minimal too, which is a total BONUS in my book. Especially, since my kiddos cannot stay seated for long!! Plus there are plenty of imaginative ways to use this item once it is complete! My kids love to wave it in the air and dance with it. When my kids are done playing with their Halloween craft they hang it like art on a hook on their bulletin board.
Halloween Craft Project
- Dollar Store Shower Rings in Clear
- 6 – 7 various ribbons that are fall or Halloween-related. (varying sizes is fine)
- scissors (safety scissors are OK for older kids)
Total Estimated Cost of Halloween Craft Project
Dollar Store Shower Rings in Clear comes in a 12 pack so each ring costs about 8.3 cents. I purchased 6 ribbons with varying patterns. They are 5/8 inch wide and have a total of 3 yards per roll. Each roll cost $1.00 for total spending of $6.00. I estimated that I used approximately 2 yards total. Which equates to 66.7 cents. With the scissors I already owned, buying a decent children’s pair for $1.00 is totally possible.
The total projected cost per child: $1.75 (including the scissors)
- Take each of the ribbons and dole out varying amounts
- Cut the ribbons in different lengths
- Loop the ribbon over the shower curtain ring
- Tie a knot (or two) tightly
- Repeat with each piece of ribbon
- That is it. you now have something your child can dance with, waive around, hang on a knob or use as they imagine it should be used!
Happy Halloween Planner
With this Halloween Planner, you will have a spooky fun time!
You get 24 Pages of checklists, worksheets, and brainstorming pages to help you make your Halloween happier!
- October Calendar to see your plans for the month at a glance
- Costume Planning Worksheets
- Costume Shopping List
- Grocery List
- Favorite Recipes
- Baking List Pages
- Address Book
- Invitation List
- Decoration Ideas
- Potluck List
- Trick or Treat Map
- Trick or Treat Checklist
- Candy Inventory
- Halloween Week Planner Page
- Halloween Day Schedule
- Halloween Day Planner Page