Summer time is finally here. The days are longer, the weather warmer, and at our house there are plenty of visits with friends and family. Another reason I love summer is sipping a tasty beverage! One of my favorite summer concoctions is Pimm’s Cup. If you have never heard of it I am not surprised. Pimm’s No 1, which is the key ingredient in Pimm’s Cup, is a liquor from England that has, spices, bitters and fruit juice in it.
This summer drink has gained popularity here in the states. If you search for recipes on the internet, you will find plenty. It is SO easy customize. That is my favorite part of this drink! It changes almost every time I make it. The recipe below is my favorite.
What Is In Pimm’s Cup?
Pimm’s Cup, is made with Pimm’s liquor, Sparkling Water and Lemonade or Ginger ale. Then it is topped off with citrus, herbs, and cucumbers. It is a recipe for a tasty drink you will be asking yourself why you had never tried before! Below are the ingredients I use in mine. But the best part is you can change it and make it yours. For example, I sometimes change out the Sparkling Lemonade for Sparkling Water mixed with Cucumber Limeade from Costco. Other times I might use Ginger Ale as the base.
Here is what you will need for this Pimm’s Cup.
- Pimm’s No 1
- Sparking Lemonade (if you cannot find this, just mix 50/50 regular lemonade and sparking water).
- A Lemon (or an Orange)
- Mint leaves (Fresh)
- Glass (a highball style is recommended)
Pimm’s Cup For Two
Perfect to sit on the porch or deck with your best friend or significant other and sip. You may not find Pimm’s No. 1 at your local grocery store, but you should be able to find it as your specialty grocery / liquor store. That is where I found my bottle. For demonstration, I only made one cup.
- Take 2 highball style glasses and fill it 2/3 way with ice.
- Fill each cup with about 2 ounces of Pimm’s No 1
- Fill each cup the rest of the way with Sparkling Lemonade (or Lemonade / Sparkling Water mixture)
- Add slices of lemon (or Orange) and a few sprigs of fresh mint
Pimm’s Cup For a Group
If you are having a get together, this is the perfect summer drink to sip. It is easy to make the Recipe larger. Below you will find directions to make Pimm’s Cup for 8 – 10 people.
- Take a pitcher
- Fill the pitcher with 3 cups of Pimm’s No 1
- Add 6 cups of Sparkling Lemonade (or 1 1/2 cups each of Lemonade / Sparkling Water mixture)
- Add slices of 1 – 2 lemons (or 1 – 2 Oranges) and about 10 – 12 sprigs of fresh mint
- Let the mixture chill in the fridge for 10 – 20 minutes
- Add ice 2/3 of the way to 8 – 10 highball glasses
- Add Pimm’s Cup and Enjoy!
Serves: 8 – 10 Adults
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and to get your free family meal planner printable.